Saturday, January 05, 2013

More Promises

In 2013, God will:
  • Hand out justice for the persecuted.
  • Give food to the hungry.
  • Set prisoners free.
  • Open the eyes of the blind.
  • Encourage those who are down and out.
  • Love the righteous.
  • Watch over travelers.
  • Support the widows, widowers and fatherless.
  • Bring the wicked to ruin.
As I read the list of promises in Psalm 146 (below), it all seemed a little abstract until I put it in the context of my life, my generation, this country, and most of all, this year. God IS going to do all these things in 2013!  And as I read through the list again, I realize that most (if not all) of these things will be accomplished through people.  And not just God's people, either.  God's work is certainly not limited to only those who know him.

Isn't this amazing and encouraging?  Doesn't it strengthen your faith and comfort your soul to know that these things WILL happen in 2013?  My prayer is... as it always is... that God will continue to give me opportunities to respond to him, that he will teach me how to recognize his voice among all the other voices, and that he would give me a part, even just a small part, to play in bringing his will and his kingdom to our world this year.

Psalm 146

[1] Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul!
[2] I will praise the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being
[3] Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
[4] When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish.
[5] Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God,
[6] who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever;
[7] who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets the prisoners free;
[8] the LORD opens the eyes of the blind. The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down; the LORD loves the righteous.
[9] The LORD watches over the sojourners; he upholds the widow and the fatherless, but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.
[10] The LORD will reign forever, your God, O Zion, to all generations.  Praise the LORD!

Wishing you a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinkin?