Monday, December 09, 2013

Celebrating Advent- Day 9

And God said to me, "They're right.  They've spoken the truth.  I'll raise up for them a prophet like you from their kinsmen.  I'll tell him what to say and he will pass on to them everything I command him."

Deuteronomy 18:18

God had a plan from the very beginning.  Sometimes I wonder how.  And why.  But it's a story- from beginning to end.  Like the story of our lives, we can't take out all the mistakes and missteps and expect it to turn out beautiful and reconciled.  How could he reconcile someone who doesn't need reconciliation?

The law only served to show us our weakness, our shame, our guilt before him.  And in some small, foggy place in my brain, I think I understand the importance of that as a basis to our regeneration in Christ (on a corporate, worldwide level that spans all time).

The law set the stage for a completely awesome transformation....

This is the advent of our Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinkin?