Thursday, October 29, 2009

More from Brennan Manning

"Define yourself radically as one beloved by God. 
God's love for you and his choice of you constitute your worth. 
Accept that and let it become the most important thing in your life."
- John Egan

This is the Big Idea:  Define yourself radically as one totally loved by God.  Right now.  As-Is.  Not to be left like this, certainly, but just as certainly never to be loved, valued, cherished any more or less than you are in this very moment because God's love does not depend on you.

Today I am thankful for a God who's love is not performance-based. 
I'm thankful for a salvation that's FREE. 
I'm thankful for God's mercy that withholds what I DO deserve
and for his grace that gives abundantly what I DO NOT deserve. 
And right now, I'm thankful he can bring radiance through the ruins of life.

What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

  1. today, as every day, i am thankful for my wonderful Jesus who bestows grace for my sins. keep up the good work you are doing with your uplifting blog posts. right now i am thankful that shea is taking a long nap so i can get my applesauce made :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I posted a comment earlier, but apparently it didnt go. I am thankful that you posted this! I tend to forget that Salvation is Free. A gift. I get myself all worked up thinking Ive sinned more than He can forgive, or I havent done enough to serve Him, or Im not good enough for His grace. So thanks, for all your posts lately, and for helping me today!
    Love in Him

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my husband.....kinda corny I know! But if it wasn't for him I might not know the true meaning of Love, which is God! I always believed there was "a God" but I never really thought about or knew anymore then that. Now that I have a personal relationship with him I can't even begin to understand how I ever made it day to day before. The Bryant family took me under their wing....showing and teaching me the way of the Lord.... so really it's not only my husband I am thankful for it's his WHOLE family!
    Katie your blogs are a great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The phrase that keeps coming to mind for me is "daily confirmation." Also known as Godwinks, or coincidences. I am thankful that I can be going about my day when I hear or see something that turns my thoughts back to my Savior and my salvation. And makes me realize I am a sinner saved by grace...

    ReplyDelete

What'cha thinkin?