Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Acrobat and An Abyss

My heart is heavy with prayers for friends.


Here's a tidbit of inspiration for you today from Brennan Manning's The Ragamuffin Gospel.

'Perhaps we are all in the position of the man in Morton Kelsey's story who came to the edge of an abyss.  As he stood there, wondering what to do next, he was amazed to discover a tightrope stretched across the abyss.  And slowly, surely, across the rope came an acrobat pushing before him a wheelbarrow with another performer in it.  When they finally reached the safety of solid ground, the acrobat smiled at the man's amazement.  "Don't you think I can do it again?" he asked.

And the man replied, "Why yes, I certainly believe you can."

The acrobat put his question again, and when the answer was the same, he pointed to the wheelbarrow and said, "Good!  Then get in and I will take you across." '

I pray that God blesses your day with the very best of His blessings. And I pray you find strength in Him to trust him completely today, to carry you across the abyss.  The one that's literally larger than life, wider than any you've ever seen.  I pray God will show you, in a very special way, His infinite love for you and I pray that He will give you (even just a tiny bit of) undeniable peace in the middle of your storm.

Grace tells us that we are accepted just as we are. 
We may not be the kind of people we want to be,
we may be a long way from our goals,
we may have more failures than achievements,
we may not be wealthy or powerful or spiritual,
we may not even be happy,
but we are nonetheless accepted by God, held in his hands. 
Such is his promise in Jesus Christ, a promise we can trust.

Donald McCullough, Waking from the American Dream

1 comment:

  1. Katie...thank you for this beautiful post...it touched my heart...I love...love...love David Crowder Band and especially this song...I have listened to it alot lately...such a powerful song...if you ever get a chance...there's a girl named Kim Walker who sings it too...you can you tube it...I love her version also...May we continue to lift one another up in prayer to a Holy God...He is all we have...but He is ALL we need!! Love you

    ReplyDelete

What'cha thinkin?