Thursday, October 06, 2011

The Big Easy


I didn't step foot outside the hotel for three days.  No kidding.
But had fun seeing everyone again...
by Dennis Warren

by Dennis Warren

Monday night we went to dinner at...

with these crazy people...
(via Audrey's FB album)

Then we walked down to Jackson Square...

which is across the street from... 

We ordered some of these...though I have to say that I didn't actually eat any. 
After a slice of cheesecake at Ralph and Kacoo's,  I wasn't at all tempted by beignets.
I was also deterred by my immediate trip to the facilities on site, which were curiously accessed through the kitchen and quite possibly the nastiest I have ever had to use.

Fun sidenote...while searching for pictures of Cafe Du Monde...
from Runaway Jury via

The following afternoon, four of us headed out to...

Inside...

we saw a lot of this...

but some of this too... which I absolutely love!

Then we walked over to...

where I enjoyed my first taste of a...

Then to...

where I tried something else for the first time...

Back at the hotel, we masked up at the final night banquet...
(also via Audrey's FB album)

The following morning before leaving...

we met and walked to breakfast at...

And since this whole post seems to be about food, I should also document another first...which wasn't quite as enjoyable as the muffaletta and pralines.

On the way home I was able to spend a couple days in Tuscaloosa with a dear friend and mentor.  She took me to lunch by the river at Cypress Inn...

And showed me the beautiful campus...

and the not so beautiful tornado path...
via

It was a fun trip, but I'm glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinkin?