Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Goodwill Light Redo

In this mudroom...
  
 
we replaced the builder-basic boob light... 
 
with this brass beauty from Goodwill...
 
after a little spray painting from me and some creative electrical work from David.
 
 
I used Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint from Lowes and followed John and Sherry's instructions for spray painting hardware minus the sanding.  Basically multiple thin coats rather than one thick one.
 
More ORB inspiration...
 
 
And if you need a little color in your life...
 
 
Happy thrifting!


4 comments:

  1. Stop!! I love this..amazing..We just thrifted a light fixture similar to the blue one..trying to figure out the right color for our room. Love the light you guys found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It's crazy how many of those lanterns people pass up at thrift stores when they can make such a big improvement.

    Thanks for sharing w/ me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Houseofpemberley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! I'm an avid Goodwill shopper, but I have never considered repurposing a light fixture. I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete

What'cha thinkin?