Friday, June 07, 2013

Best-Ever Biscuits

If you've known me very long, you know I have trouble making biscuits.  And that's a serious problem when you live in the south.  For the last five years I've jumped between trying new recipes in search of the perfect one and pulling out the Bisquick.  Recent efforts to cut out box mixes and super-processed foods, left us pretty biscuit-less.  Until I stumbled upon Farmgirl Follies and Jennifer's skillet biscuits...
 

via

Since I don't have a skillet, I just place them close together on a cookie sheet.  They are absolutely wonderful!  With the rainy days we've been having here in SW Virginia, biscuits and sausage gravy are the perfect supper.
 
ps.  If you've never used seasoned flour in your sausage gravy, you absolutely must do so asap!  There is truly no comparison to the taste of gravy made with regular flour.  And I guarantee you'll never switch back.  I use the Big Spring Mill brand that is available at our local Kroger.
 
 
Happy Biscuit-Making!


1 comment:

  1. I'm excited that you posted this - I've been wanting to try to make "real" biscuits :) We use the same flour for sausage gravy. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

What'cha thinkin?