After coming up short on some yummy olive green velvet, I decided to use b/w gingham on this little stool. It's the first real reupholstering I've ever done, so who knows how long it will last. But it was fairly easy to do. I simply removed the black needlepoint cover (and the zebra print slipcover that had been covering it for years) and used the slipcover as a pattern to cut the top piece and the banding. I attached one length of welting and the banding to the top. After fitting it on and stapling it tight all the way around, I stapled the second piece of welting along the bottom edge and sprayed it with a couple coats of Scotchguard.
My fingers are crossed that Lloyd won't upchuck on it anytime soon. But the record's not good. He seems to use it as a method of marking his territory on anything new or different in this place. Nice.
After / Before
This huge wire basket has been in the basement for a few years. Since we moved here, I've never quite known what to do with it since it would probably scratch whatever wood surface it sat on. In a moment of pure genius (yes, genius:), it hit me I could wrap the bottom with twine. Twine is seriously one of the best things ever invented. Here it is in all its glory...
ps. Hey, there's the missing domino.
Now, off you go. Find something to wrap with twine.