Monday, December 02, 2013

Celebrating Advent- Day 2

better late than never...

Purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.  Psalm 51:7

This is not a typical advent verse, but I love how the writer seems to be looking forward to the salvation Jesus would bring.  And I love that we are living in that day he longed for so deeply.  It makes me incredibly grateful.  At one point in my life it would have made me feel a guilty for not completely seizing the day and living 100% for Christ.  It would have motivated me to heartfelt resolutions to do better and would have ended up in disappointment and discouragement at first sign of missing the mark.

But I'm praising the Lord that he has given me a new heart, one that relaxes and rests in the knowledge of his salvation!

I want to know him better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinkin?