I'm not gonna lie. This video had a lot to do with my participation. It's such a riot and guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Also, apologies to my regular readers for the repeat.
Inspired by this poster from ChildrenInspire...
and this tutorial from See Kate Sew...
I set out to make gifts for two very dear little girls!
Annika arrived in Arizona early this summer and joined her family here in Virginia...
My niece Kensey arrived in North Carolina in August before going home with her family to Kansas...
- Follow Kate's excellent instructions.
- Use fabric scraps if you have them. Use a mix of prints and textures. Remember you can cut stripes on the diagonal and you can use the backside of fabrics for a different look.
- Start by choosing the fabric you want to use for the more prominent states (Washington, California, Texas, Minnesota, Florida, Alaska) and any others that have special significance.
- Use these instructions to embroider words onto fabric. I used them to a "T". They are perfect!
- Finally and most importantly, pray special prayers for the child as you are working.
- Enjoy the blessing of giving a handmade gift!
And just to create a little suspense, you should know that these projects are ready to be shared...
- stripey painted cork board
- office gallery wall
- thrift store counter stool makeover
Here's my commitment to share one project every week (fingers crossed)! Happy Pinterest projecting to you!