I enjoyed the Summer Tour of Homes last week on The Shabby Creek Cottage so much that it seemed rude not to participate. And as I gathered all these pictures and links, it hit me how many more "in-process" photos there are than "finished". Kinda like life. So my hope is that this tour inspires you to enjoy the process of creating your home. Let's relax and enjoy the in-between, friends... in our homes, in our relationships and in our lives!
Photography Note: My skills obviously don't win any awards. Any advice or resources you can share with this iphone camera owning, free photo software using, novice photographer would be dearly appreciated.
Survival Tip: Be prepared with sustenance. This is the longest post ever.
- step 1- planted grass, installed driveway
- step 2- rocked foundation
- step 4- landscaped
- step 5- need to finish porch trim
- We like to make the job of mowing really worth the effort....which basically means a "before and after" type event every two weeks. Because, why mow when you can bush-hog? Ha.
Porch / Entry Doors
- stained porch floor
- would love to add some real outdoor furniture ($$!)
Front Door / Living Room Entry
- added gallery wall, after trying many other things
- need to refinish the brass task lamp (Goodwill)
- need to finish painting frames and insert photos
- would love to add a soft rug in front of bookshelves
- painted Sherwin Williams Rare Grey
- added side table, sewed table skirt
- sewed pillow covers
- changed out floor lamp shade
- need to paint large frame for behind sofa and order print
- need to have cream chair reupholstered
- would love to layer a patterned rug under the coffee table
- would love to buy/build a sofa table
- Just ignore that tobacco basket with the red star ribbon. Christmas-turned-permanent decor...whatever.
- painted (Sherwin Williams Lattice)
- sewed roman shade
- painted consignment shop counter stools
- painted chalkboard wall, installed drawer pull upside-down for chalk holder
- need to reglue the stools
- Where can I find a vintage-looking chalkboard eraser?
Side Door/ Mud Room Entry
- got new furniture (wedding gift from generous in-laws)
- hung wedding photo wall gallery
- hung hats
- shopped the house for dresser accessories
- painted and hung mirror above dresser
- would like to reupholster slipper chair in neutral, durable outdoor fabric
- painted stripes
- installed Hobby Lobby vanity knobs (gift from my dear mother)
- added a few accessories
- contracted local cabinet shop to build the desk system
- painted (Sherwin Williams Lattice)
- hung gallery wall
- altered PB loose fit slipcover for Craigslist sofa
- sewed slipcover for Ikea ottoman
- added rug
- spray painted old sewing table base
- cut, sanded, and attached wood table top
- built, painted, and hung pegboard
- organized using over-the-door shoe holder and white Ikea boxes
- painted (Sherwin Williams Conservative Grey)
- sewed shower curtain from Queen size bed sheet
- swapped builder basic vanity light with Lowes light spray painted ORB
- painted consignment store frame with chalkboard paint
- installed antique shop vanity knobs
- added birch tree towel hooks
- made and hung floating shelves
- shopped the house for accessories
- painted Sherwin Williams Anonymous
- installed curtain rods, hung curtains that I had on hand
- need to refinish Gpa's secretary
- always thought I would get around to painting the other two walls
- would love to do something about all the brown, but may not be here long enough to bother with it
- This room collects all sorts of random things and never gets cleaned up until guests are scheduled to come. And you'd never know it, but it's in the process of getting whipped into shape for some dear friends who are coming in July.
Ok, tell me... what is in-process at your house or in your life that you are "enjoying" right now? Note the strategically placed quotation marks. Here goes mine... I'm "enjoying" feeling a bit purposeless in life right now. Is that TMI? I'm also "enjoying" the rustic-ness of our front porch. Ha.
But in all seriousness... Enjoy your weekend!